Sunday, February 20, 2011

Treasure!

One of my favorite things to do is to combine vintage and antique elements with more contemporary bits and pieces.  For me, the synergy of old and new creates a piece that feels fresh, but with the added character of history.   The end result is in sync with my philosophy of "one-of-a-kind", since I never re-create a piece.   To that end, I often attend auctions and estate sales, where some amazing vintage and antique pieces may be found. 

Yesterday morning, bright and early, coffee in hand, I drove to a local auction where trays and trays of vintage jewels were up for bid.  If you've never been to an auction, you must try one!  The atmosphere is exciting and sometimes, just sometimes, you can get the most amazing deals. 

 I wanted to share a bit of sparkly eye-candy of some of my wins.  Take a close look, because you will definitely see some of these baubles in future designs! 


4 comments:

  1. Ahhh, congrats on these delicious finds! I too can be found at auctions and estate sales. We have one locally that has strictly old estate jewelry. Sometimes I'm lucky and get some awesome pieces. I can't wait to see what you do with these beauties!!
    ...Jackie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so beautiful! I'll bet your mind is in continuous motion with new ideas when you have such charming pieces to work with.
    :) Karey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, my mind is whirling with possibilities! Now, if only my hands could work as fast as my brain...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you were able to bring home such a haul!!!

    ReplyDelete